Here's just a glimpse at the work we do to support Fort Ross and its heritage.
Restoration of historic Fort Ross
- Financed roof replacement and wall stabilization for the only historic original structure at Fort Ross, Rotchev House.
- Provided comprehensive funding for three stages of restoration, stabilization and long-term protection of the original historic Fort Ross orchard.
- Together with the Link of Times Foundation, created and gifted a full-size replica of a historic windmill to Fort Ross. Secured ongoing maintenance and funding.
- Secured a full array of essential church utensils for Fort Ross Chapel services, produced, assembled and shipped directly from Russia.
- Provided support to restore and stabilize the original Fort Ross water well.
- Enhanced Fort Ross visibility by financing the manufacturing and replacement of Fort Ross signage.
- Improved and upgraded the interior and functionality of Fort Ross’ Visitors Center, to include the museum and visitor auditorium space, on-site store, event kitchen, on-site and online archival digital library.
Media and outreach initiatives
- Celebrated Fort Ross’ 200th anniversary by gathering influential state and governmental leaders, business and cultural elites of US and Russia to raise awareness of Fort Ross. Co-created a feature presentation Dedication to Fort Ross with the Mariinsky Orchestra and Abamedia.
- Supported the publishing of books dedicated to Fort Ross and Russian America. Provided assistance to creating an iPad application on Russian California featuring Fort Ross, available on iTunes.
- Organized international art and literary contests to spread awareness of Fort Ross and get younger generations involved worldwide.
- Provided financial and logistical support for international conferences dedicated to Fort Ross and Russian history in California.
Educational and exchange programs
- Created and financed a series of annual student experiences at Fort Ross for Stanford US-Russia Forum delegates.
- Provided support for the launch of the program to monitor sea mammals and other marine life for the middle and high school California students.
- Supported a unique hands-on program for students interested in Fort Ross where they can learn of and experience the life at Fort Ross, the way it used to be.
- Assisted in and funded the Irkutsk Fort Ross Club’s exciting visit to Fort Ross in 2012.
- Financed the creation of historically accurate re-enactment costumes, supply of special event equipment, special training for staff and volunteers, as well as brought world-class performers such as the Pyatnitsky Choir and Sibirskaya Vechora Russian folk ensemble, Saint Petersburg Horn Orchestra and others to perform at Fort Ross.
- Provided full funding and widened programming for Fort Ross Harvest Festival, to include artisanal VIP luncheon and wine tasting, windmill turning and stimulating presentations at the newly restored historic orchard.
FORT ROSS WITHOUT BORDERS. TRULY.
Touched by the numerous stories and tragedies of those affected by fires, we at Renova Fort Ross Foundation set a goal to raise at least $5,000 for the volunteer firefighters on the front lines of Northern California wildfires. We committed to match our goal by 100%.
TODAY WE RAISED $7,175! AND WE DECIDED TO MATCH IT ALL.
We know it may not seem like a lot. But it really is. When you look at the way all of us came TOGETHER. California, New York, Russia. We know anything is possible.
Because Fort Ross has no borders. And neither should we.
" It's an important cause. It's so nice that Fort Ross is such a good neighbor. "
Said a fellow New Yorker, who joined.
Because PEOPLE help PEOPLE !
The deadly wildfires have ravaged Northern California over the last two weeks - killing dozens and forcing tens of thousands of people to leave their homes and evacuate. And they may not have a place to come back to.
FORT ROSS COMMUNITY HAS BEEN AFFECTED.
Many of our friends and partners have been evacuated, suffered damage or a loss to their properties and are struggling to get back to normal life. The brave and dedicated volunteer teams of Timber Cove and the Fort Ross Fire Departments were on the front line at Fort Ross, along the Sonoma Coast and in Santa Rosa fighting the dangerous fires and they deserve every bit of our support and appreciation.
Please join us in supporting those affected by fires in Northern CA and the brave first responders who risk their lives to save others.
Looking for more?
Get in touch with us at email@example.com.